Expert Business Support
We understand what it takes to make a company successful, so our tailored package of free business support is designed for small businesses that might not have all the know-how they need just yet.
We all have one common goal: to see your business thrive.
Let’s get growing.
Our stunning office spaces offer more than just a place to work. Our Innovation Directors and business support team are dedicated to sharing their knowledge with you, to give your business the best possible start.
As a member of the Innovate Stockport network, you’ll have access to free expert advice, invaluable networking opportunities, and community support. From personalised 1-2-1 coaching to inspiring workshops and masterclasses for business growth, our workspace is so much more than a desk.
Meet our Innovation Directors
Our dedicated Innovation Directors are on hand to give you and your team advice, guidance and support to grow your business venture.
They can connect you to others within a range of networks, including like-minded businesses and services that can facilitate the growth of your company, and offer tailored 1-2-1 mentoring to help you evaluate business opportunities and create structured development plans.
Merseyway Innovation Centre
Stockport Business & Innovation Centre
Our free business support for start-up, early-stage and growing businesses includes:
There is a real sense of mutual support and we have been building new partnerships, accessing networking opportunities, gaining exposure to the wider Stockport business community and attending a range of business support sessions.”
The centre provides a fantastic working environment, with business support delivered through one-to-one sessions with the Innovation Director, Tony Corcoran to the various workshops, networking opportunities and signposting to other support services that really set it apart.”
Innovate Stockport is part of the Oxford Innovation Space network, meaning we can offer our entrepreneurs a range of connections, knowledge and infrastructure, and countless opportunities to help you achieve your goals.
- Founded by The Oxford Trust to provide support to science, technology, and knowledge-led early-stage companies
- The largest operator of innovation centres in the UK – we have over 35 years of experience of running spaces and places to support SMEs and entrepreneurs
- Our clients are universities, research and major science site owners, public sector, private investors and charities
- We deliver a range of objectives: support to high-growth SMEs and spin outs, on-going revenue and financial sustainability, economic development, jobs growth, profile, and business engagement
- Access to Beauhurst – a searchable database of the UK’s fastest-growing businesses
- One of the largest Angel Investment Networks in the UK
- Access to active investors who can add value to early-stage companies, in addition to capital
- Seven investment showcase events every year so that selected companies can meet potential investors
- Access to support and tools from Oxford Innovation Finance
Access to Tools
Oxford Innovation has developed GROWTHmapper™ to help high growth businesses achieve their ambitions. This digital diagnostic tool consolidates over 20 years’ experience of nurturing successful high growth businesses and is used to model your business across multiple areas for future strategic growth.
Beauhurst is a searchable database of the UK’s fastest-growing businesses, along with the funds and accelerators that back them.
Oxford Innovation Space has a subscription to the Beauhurst platform, which allows us to track 32,000+ companies across the country, from early-stage start-ups to established scaleups.
Using Beauhurst we can find comprehensive information on customers’ competitors, comparable companies, sources of funding and grants.
Leading Edge Only
Oxford Innovation Space has an exciting partnership with Leading Edge Only (LEO), the world’s largest Global Innovation Platform. Operating in over 120 countries, LEO connects innovative fast-growth start-ups & scale-ups to corporations seeking the latest innovative technologies, products, services or expertise – corporates such as IBM, Fujitsu & Walgreens Boots Alliance.
This is a free service for those customers who are seeking to get their solutions and expertise in-front of major corporations.
Oxford Innovation Space is one of 160 official Amazon Web Service Partners worldwide, which means that you may be able to benefit from free support packages. This can include up to $25,000 of AWS credits.